play online poker
Play Online Poker
TheRealKram420's Blog: Up-Swing + things to work on

Sunday, July 14, 2019

Up-Swing + things to work on

Pouring in hours. Rather than think about how many hours to play; or whether I should quit while up or down a certain amount -- I just play until I can barely keep my eyes open .. or until the games overall VPIP is down and then I get out of there. That way I don't have to feel guilty for not giving it my all. As long as I leave the card-room every day feeling as though I fought my heart out ... that's all a guy can do.

Things to work on / analyze:

**Am I over-limping from the SB/BB in straddled pots? When should I be limp/raising? What sort of range should I be limp/calling? Should I be limp/folding/trying to sneak in with a larger variety of hands? Am I over folding? Am I not opening enough from these positions during a straddle?

**How much am I costing myself chasing high hands? How much more equity do I have in hands such as KJs + broadway suited cards when the high hand is $1,000 - $2,000? When does it become profitable to play these hands differently? Or does it?

**I need to make some poker t-shirts. Few that come to mind are: "Panda" w/ a 5/2o as it's become a local legend of a hand and I know I could sell dozens of them and get a laugh. Also -- "Your mom staked me". silly shit that I could sport and make a few bucks here and there and tap into my creative side. 

All in all things are going well. Was up 1k or so last night; been bendering on Saturday nights w/ a little Addy after 10+ hours. Was playing on house monies and played a monster pot with AQo on a Q/4/5s board against a lady with 2/3s where we got all the money in on the flop when a Euro dood bet into met $60 after it went $60x5 or 6 ways pre. I just slaughtered $500 AI on flop and she overcalled with a loan straight draw on a two-tone board! She spiked a river A and it gave me Top Two ... so it stung a little bit as I thought I was scooping the 300bb pot or so. Oh well. Sooner or later will have that break through night of $2,000 -- $5,000; just have to keep plugging at it and putting myself into money making situations.

I'm paying down CC debt. I'm investing in the market and re-building my portfolio. 

Want to make sure I'm not falling for, "recency bias" when it comes to poker / losing hands. Places where this applies to me is when I"m not hitting sets or over folding mediocre hands such as A/10o and A/Jo.  Need to do some work w/ these hands. 

Grind grind grind grind. Win win win win. 

LETS GOOOOOOOOO

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home