play online poker
Play Online Poker
TheRealKram420's Blog: Future self

Friday, August 08, 2014

Future self

Over analyzing about, "Where will I be in a year" is not a healthy habit.  Set a plan; put it into motion.  Day by day -- breath by breath.  Once you have a vision in motion it makes living so much simpler. It's filled w/ action and excitement rather than anxiousness and worry.  When you're living day to day in correspondence w/ a, "Vision in Motion" it feels like a new age Zen.

Moment by moment.

I set a goal of $10,000 @ $2/$5.  I'm $1,700 away.  At one point last session I was more than likely there; and lost it back.  No big deal.

Short term goals consist of:

Pay off all out-standing CC debt as it's blocking up both conscious and subconscious thoughts.  Do not constantly be thinking about how you can grab $12,000 via plastic.  Having a bankroll is BORROWING FROM YOURSELF.  I got laxadazical a bit this year once I arrived into Las Vegas.  This happened due to my lack of passion for the game; and also my lack of motivation to earn.  I invested in a select group of people; and put to much trust on others... again.  Do not forgot how difficult it is to create a stack of $10,000... when you do not have $10,000 to risk.  Do not take for granted while making, "Small" investments just how much day to day grind goes into it.

In the future -- when I invest a $10,000 chunk -- the project will be handled by me and I will RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH every last spectrum of whatever it is that I am investing into.

Time is my most valuable commodity.  Money is a way of calculating that.

I need to BALANCE my work and leisure -- and I also need to take care of my body better.

After poker journal ticks over to +$10,000 what is the next goal?

Put together pocket money for FL -- but also start putting together a, "Take shot fund".  When those amazing Las Vegas big games go -- I have to be in there.  THAT'S WHAT I PLAY FOR.  How good am I?  Why have I never, "Gone for it".  I've lost $10,000 - $20,000 plenty of times now -- but NEVER in the thing that acquired the money in the first place. (Not saying I want to lose...) just absolutely silly how I never even give myself a chance.  Not saying be filled w/ greed -- simply saying have excess money to , "Poker gamble with" when the game arises.  I'll be fresh, ready with a box full of chips ready to attack that fucking game.




_________________________

Hourly is important.  Though from this moment forward there is no way to truly predict what the next 40-100 hours of poker will provide.  Just STAY IN THE MOMENT.  WHEN FEELING ANXIOUS GET UP AND TAKE A WALK -- REMEMBER IT'S JUST ONE LONG GAME -- DO NOT FEEL SELF-PITY FOR YOURSELF OR GET UPSET AND GIVE TIME / CHIPS / HARD WORK AWAY.

BE A PROFESSIONAL CARD PLAYER -- ACT THE PART.

TAKE YOUR BEATS IN STRIDE BECAUSE YOU KNOW THE MONEY IS COMING BACK.

DO NOT PLAY SCARED -- NOT USING THE LANGUAGE OF BETTING AGGRESSION CAUSES HIGHER VARIANCE AS IT PUTS ME INTO MORE DIFFICULT SITUATIONS -- AND I GET SUCKED OUT ON!

Do not be a pussy!  If the chips are on the table they are IN PLAY!

After hour 12 of last session -- how on point was I, really?  I've got set over set so much the last few months that I forgot just how valuable a set truly is.  Checking back my set when the Ace high turn to lower variance etc. is just God Awful.

Why didn't I break down his range? He could have had JJ, QQ, KK also.  Not to add all the SC he could hold (he ended up having K/6s) and I gave him a huge free draw costing me another bet on the river and a $1,000+ pot.

Dumb.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home